Take off on an educational adventure in aviation and aeronautics in this action-packed camp! You’ll be introduced to a variety of careers in this field, including aircraft mechanic, pilot, air traffic controller and unmanned aircraft system (UAS) technician. You’ll learn about science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) using aviation and aerospace as a medium as well as the goals and educational requirements you’ll need to enter this remarkable and expanding industry.
We’ll focus on different career paths each day of camp, with a variety of activities and field trips to give you real-world exposure. You’ll:
- hear from both civilian and military pilots and aircrew
- tour aircraft facilities such as Wipaire and Delta Air Lines
- see and experience unmanned aircraft systems (drones) from Northland Community & Technical College
- take a flight in a light airplane courtesy of the Experimental Aircraft Associations Young Eagles program
- visit an air traffic control tower at a major airport
- learn about the opportunity to log official flight time as a student pilot with an FAA-approved flight school (there is an additional cost for this first “Discovery Flight” flying lesson)
When you’ve finished this camp, you’ll be ready to take flight on a variety of exciting education and career paths, with growing opportunities in Minnesota and across the nation!